Best 10 Budget Restaurants in Mumbai
Mumbai is not just the financial capital of India, but also a haven for street foods. Fancy restaurants are good, but sometimes can go out of budget. Street foods symbolises the foodieness of a city. For the budget public, this kind of joints can be a real boon. Below is a list of best 10 budget restaurants in Mumbai:
- Hotel Ramashray: Ordering food is easier in this hotel rather than searching for a table to sit. The food is within the budget and very delicious. You’ll crave for more after finishing a meal. One of the most budgeted restaurants in Mumbai. Located in Tardeo-Matunga East, Bhandarkar Road, Matunga East. Try the Idli-Sambar at ₹35-40 per plate.
- Pancham Puriwala: A cozy little spot near CST Station and nothing in the menu is over-the-budget. Located in Fort 8-10, Perin Nariman Street, Fort. Chole Puri plus Lassi would be costing around ₹80. Quite economical.
- Sarvi: A festive place for the non-vegetarians. They serves heavy food which will surely tickle your taste buds. Located in Byculla – 184/196, Dimtimkar Road, Opposite Nagpada Police Station, Byculla. The kebabs would cost you around ₹100-200 for two people.
- National Restaurant: They are famous for their Indian foods but the menu is very interesting. Located at 21A, Turner Road, Near Sahakari Bazaar, Bandra Talao, Bandra West. It would cost less than ₹100 each if you will go in a company of three. The specialties you can try for are Sarson Da Saag-makki di roti, Began Bharta, Paneer Bhurji.
- Manjeet Chole Puri Wala: The number fifth in the best 10 budget restaurants in Mumbai will be this restaurant. If you crave for Punjabi food, then you would visit here again and again. Located at J.K. Bhasin Marg, Sion Koliwada, Mumbai, Sion. You can always try for the Dal Pakhwan and Paneer Bhature Chole.
- Pejas: Especially famous for Pav Bhajis, Chinese and Rolls which comes under a price tag of ₹100. Located at Grant Road – 406/410, Laxmi Niwas, MS Ali Road, Grant Road. It is a double treat in both the quantity and quality and very budgeted.
- Sunday Treat: Located at 14, Samruddhi Commercial, Mindspace, Chincholi Bunder Road, Off Malad Link Road, Malad West, is famous for their Gini Dosa and Kerala Masala Dosa. Both costs at ₹100. Mainly serves sandwiches and dosas.
- Mamledar Misal: Located at Thane West – Opposite Zilla Parishad, Talav Pali, Naupada, Thane West, it is one of the best Misal Pav joints around Mumbai. It costs around ₹65-80 and comes with Regular, Tej and Super Tej variety.
- Tambe Arogya Bhavan: Perfect place to taste Maharashtrian dishes. It is located at Dadar West – Near Patil Building, N C Kelkar Road, Dadar West. The items would cost between ₹30-80 each and try for Kothimbir Wadi, Batata Wada, Dahi Misal, Misal Pav, Thalipith and Piyush.
- Noor Caterers and Biryani Centre: Famous for their biryanis – veg, chicken – and kebabs, all coming at a range of ₹100. Located at Eksar Road, Masjid Chawl, Opposite Trimurti Building, Borivali West, it makes for the final restaurant in the best 10 budget restaurants in Mumbai.